About our school
Henry Newman, a local parishioner, built our Primary School in 1873 for the children of the parish. It continues to be at the heart of the community. In 1991 the school was extended and now contains three classrooms in the main building, a spare room for group teaching and our assemblies, staffroom and offices. The school stands in well-maintained grounds and contains a playground, wildflower meadow and a large games field.
In January 2011, our new building, purpose built for children in the Early Years Foundation Stage was opened. This is shared with Clanfield Pre-school and realises a long held ambition for them to share our grounds. The building comprises two classrooms, each with separate toilet facilities, storage and covered outdoor areas, as well as a large, carpeted spare room for shared activities. Outside there is a soft impact, hard play area for the children within a boundary fence.